We love Bean Salad, its just a nice change from a green salad. Packed with protein and simple to do – a lot of opening of tins involved!
Easy Bean Salad
- 1 tin Cannoli Beans
- 1 tin Kidney Beans
- 1 tin Black Eyed Beans
- 1 tin Broad Beans
- 20 grams Chopped Basil
- 20 grams Chopped Flat Leafed Parsley
- 20 grams Coriander
- 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- Zest 1 Lemon
- Juice 1 1/2 Lemons
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Drain the beans, keeping the liquid from the Cannoli and Broad Beans if you want to use the Aquafaba later in vegan baking
- Chop the herbs finely
- Dice the Onion, and crush the garlic
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey.
- Mix the beans, chopped onion, garlic and herbs together, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the dressing, mix gently with a wooden spoon and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
If you’ve got a BBQ going and want something nice on it – do try these Duck Skewers.