I’ve never met a fried potato I didn’t like…not something to eat every day – but these Dairy Free Sauté Potatoes are a great side dish with grilled meat or fish.
Just like roasted potatoes they are best when they are allowed to cool after the initial cooking. This is one of those simple dishes that is really lovely to have, it hardly counts as a recipe it’s so simple (yet delicious).
- 5 or 6 Medium Maris Piper Potatoes
- 6-8 tbsp Vegan Margarine
- Peel and slice the potatoes into discs about 1/4 inch thick
- Par boil them for 7-10 minutes. You want them cooked, and a bit fluffy on the sides but still firm enough to handle. Drain and put to one side to cool.
- When it's time for cooking, grab two frying pans and melt 1 tbsp of vegan margarine in the pans. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and add to the hot frying pans in a single layer.
- Fry the potatoes, topping up the margarine as the frying pans get dry. Cook each side for about 5 minutes, flip and cook the other side. You will have crispy potatoes on the outside, but nice and soft on the inside.
- Serve with grilled meat or fish.
They go really nicely with Roast Ham.