Making your own sorbet is both easy and a great way to play with flavours that you like. We love this Pimm’s sorbet – normally made with Strawberries but we also have been known to substitute Raspberries if desperate. The perfect dessert in the heat!
- 1 ice cream maker
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 Spigs Mint
- 1 inch Piece of cucumber cut up
- 300 grams Strawberries
- 6 tbsp Pimm's
- Add the sugar to the water and heat slowly until the sugar is dissolved. Add in the cucumber and mint and allow to cool. This infuses the water with the flavours which is nice.
- Once cool, take our the cucumber and mint and add in the orange juice and Pimm's.
- Puree the Strawberries, run them through a sieve if you like, and mix in with the sugar syrup
- Add to your machine and churn until a nice thick consistency. I find it's about 2 hours. You can just pop it in the freezer and mix it yourself every hour or so if you prefer but I find that a faff so bought a machine.
If you fancy ice cream instead – do try our Dairy Free Choc Mint Ice Cream!