This is a quick, easy and nutritious soup. We love Dairy Free Lentil Soup – with a dollop of coconut yoghurt swirled in it’s the ultimate comfort food. A bit of nice, warm bread and you’ve perfection.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Gluten
Dairy Free Lentil Soup
- March 22, 2019
- Print this
- 1 onion – diced
- 5 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1.6 litres of vegetable stock
- 400 g red lentils
- Step 1
- Dice the onion and add to the pan along with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook until slightly coloured but not ‘browned’.
- Step 2
- Add in the garlic, lentils and stock.
- Step 3
- Bring up to simmering point. Give the pot a good stir every now and then so the lentils don’t stick to the bottom.
- Step 4
- Once the lentils are soft (about 45 minutes) ladle half the mixture into a food processor and give it a whirl. Return it to the pot with the rest of the soup. If you have a hand mixer you can always just use it briefly in the pan to puree some of the soup. The idea is that some of the lentils are left whole, while some of pureed to give it a creamy texture.
- Step 5
- Serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
Homemade bread is great with soup – here’s our Vegan Soda Bread Recipe.