Dairy Free Garlic Sauce is a fabulous addition to any meal with grilled meat, it’s also wonderful on a burger (be it a vegan or meat variety). We also have it with hummus and grilled vegetables just to give everything a bit of a kick. This is one of those recipes that is simple to make, and keeps for a good few days.
We also serve it with Lamb Kofta’s or marinated lamb.
Now this is a strong sauce so take it easy!
Dairy Free Garlic Sauce
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 Small Potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 230 ml Plain Vegetable Oil
- Break up the garlic head and peel each clove.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Peel and dice a potato.
- Add the garlic, potato, sea salt, tahini, lemon juice and zest to a food processor and whizz until it's pretty smooth. I like it with a bit of bite so I don't make it completely smooth but you can if you want.
- Then slowly add the oil while the food processor is running to make a smooth sauce.
- If you want it to be a bit more mild then add in a tablespoon of plain soya yoghurt (coconut is too sweet).