Dairy Free Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms is a lovely chicken dish – wild and chestnut mushrooms with a white wine sauce. We like adding in the wild mushrooms, but if you don’t then just stick with Chestnut. The sauce is lovely with rice, or chips if you prefer. It’s a light, quick dish which is done easily on the stove top. Serve with salad and some green vegetables.
Dairy Free Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Seasoned flour to dust the chicken breasts with Add a bit of salt and pepper to 1/3 cup plain flour
- 100 grms Chestnut Mushrooms - sliced
- 25 grms Wild Mushrooms - chopped
- 1/2 Onion - Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic - crushed
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 100 ml Dairy Free Cream We use Oatley
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free Yoghurt
- Grab a large plate, add the 1/3 cup of flour, season with salt and pepper and toss the chicken breasts in it. In a large pan add about 1 tbsp of oil and brown the chicken on both sides - this should take just under 10 minutes or so. Put to one side.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan, and fry the onion and garlic. Add the sliced Chestnut mushrooms and fry until they start to colour, and then add in the wild mushrooms and fry for a few more minutes.
- In a large jug - mix the wine, stock, cream, mustard and yoghurt. Whisk in the flour.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the mushroom mixture, pour the sauce over top, pop a tight lid on the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
- Serve with rice, salad and some greens.
A lovely dessert would be Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake!