This dairy free pasta dish was born of left overs from our Sunday roast. We always had some Chicken left and this is how we use it up. We add in olives, mushrooms and sometimes sun dried tomatoes. Exact ingredients are often dictated by what I find in the fridge – so a bit of bacon, or some ham also make their way into this sauce some weeks. I love using up leftovers!
Free From: Eggs, Dairy, Nuts, Gluten (gluten free pasta)
Contains: Soya (or if you use Oatly then it’s Soya Free)
Dairy Free Chicken and Olive Pasta Sauce
- November 26, 2019
- Print this
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300g sliced mushrooms
- 4 rashers of bacon chopped into small pieces
- 250g cooked chicken
- 60 g green olives
- 30gr sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups non dairy cream - Soya or Oatly
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Sainsbury's Gluten Free Pasta
- Step 1
- Fry the onion and the bacon until they both have colour
- Step 2
- Add the garlic either using a garlic press or if you prefer you can chop the cloves finely
- Step 3
- Add in the mushrooms and fry until they have a bit of colour around the edges
- Step 4
- Then slice up the olives and add them to the pan
- Step 5
- Add in the chicken and gives everything a good stir and then add in the chicken stock and the non-dairy cream. Give it stir to combine and then add in the tomato puree and stir again. Leave the sauce to bubble on a low heat for a good 30 minutes giving the sauce a gentle stir now and then.
- Step 6
- If you want you can add in half a cut up courgette for the last 5-7 minutes or a bit of ham. I like to make the sauce, let it cool for flavours to develop and then heat it up again when I’m doing the pasta
- Step 7
- We use Sainsbury’s Gluten Free Pasta as we think its the best Gluten Free Pasta available.
If you’re thinking of chicken stew, and need a dairy free recipe – here you go!