It’s that time of year when soup comes into it’s own. It’s getting cold out there, so we need something nice and warming. This Dairy Free Brown Rice, Broccoli Chicken Soup is perfect. You can use left over chicken if you have it. The brown rice makes it a nice filling soup.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya, Gluten
Dairy Free brown rice, broccoli and chicken Soup
- March 21, 2019
- Print this
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 chicken breast – roughly chopped up
- 100g broccoli – diced up into small pieces
- 200g brown rice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 900ml chicken stock
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Step 1
- Fry the onion is a little olive oil until soft and brown at the edges
- Step 2
- Add the garlic and stir
- Step 3
- Add the rice and stir
- Step 4
- Add 700ml of the stock, pop a lid on the pan and leave to bubble away on a medium to low heat for the rice to cook. Keep an eye on the stock levels and add in more stock if need be.
- Step 5
- After 15 minutes add in the chopped up chicken and leave to simmer away for another 30 minutes. Check on the soup now and then and give it a stir. The rice should be cooked enough to split a bit but not mush.
- Step 6
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Depending on how you like your soup add in the rest of the stock. Eat immediately. If saving for a day or so then you’ll find the rice absorbs the stock and you’ll need to add in another 100ml or so when reheating.
If you fancy some home made bread with your soup check out our Vegan Soda Bread Recipe.