Molly has just had braces fitted. So we’re in dairy free soup mode. Nice, warming, comforting soups that are easy to chew and slurp. This is a hearty soup that is a good replacement for a main meal.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya, Gluten
Dairy Free brown rice, broccoli and chicken Soup
- March 21, 2019
- Print this
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 chicken breast – roughly chopped up
- 100g broccoli – diced up into small pieces
- 200g brown rice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 900ml chicken stock
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Step 1
- Fry the onion is a little olive oil until soft and brown at the edges
- Step 2
- Add the garlic and stir
- Step 3
- Add the rice and stir
- Step 4
- Add 700ml of the stock, pop a lid on the pan and leave to bubble away on a medium to low heat for the rice to cook. Keep an eye on the stock levels and add in more stock if need be.
- Step 5
- After 15 minutes add in the chopped up chicken and leave to simmer away for another 30 minutes. Check on the soup now and then and give it a stir. The rice should be cooked enough to split a bit but not mush.
- Step 6
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Depending on how you like your soup add in the rest of the stock. Eat immediately. If saving for a day or so then you’ll find the rice absorbs the stock and you’ll need to add in another 100ml or so when reheating.