This Dairy Free Aubergine Parmigiana is a fabulous dinner when you’re going meat free – our Aubergine Parmigiana is comforting and delicious. Served warm or at room temperature, Dairy Free Aubergine Parmigiana is tasty and perfect served with rice or a warm baguette and a side salad.
For the Dairy Free Cheese I like the Sheese Mozzarella and the Violife Parmesan as I think they have the best mix of texture (chewy for the Dairy Free Mozzarella) and tart for the Parmesan. This is a pretty easy dish to put together, but do give your Tomato Sauce time to simmer to develop the flavour you really want.
Dairy Free Aubergine Parmigiana
- 400 Mls Passata
- 500 Mls Tinned Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic - crushed
- 1/2 Onion - Diced finely
- 30 Grms Fresh Basil, chopped finely
- 2 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Aubergines - Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 90 Grms Vegan Parmesan
- 150 Grms Vegan Mozzarella
- Gently fry the onion until it starts to change colour. Add in the Garlic and fry.
- Add the Passata and the tinned Tomatoes, add a good grind of Salt and Pepper. Add the Fresh Basil, Brown Sugar, Red Wine, and Vinegar.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Slice the Aubergine, put in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
- Gently fry the Aubergine slices in a bit of Olive Oil. Put to one side.
Dairy Free Cheeses
- Mix the two cheeses together
Put it all together
- Put a thin layer of Tomato sauce in the base of an oven proof casserole.
- Put a layer of the Aubergine and top with a layer of Tomato Sauce. Sprinkle half the cheese on top.
- Add a layer of Aubergine, another layer of Tomato Sauce and top with the rest of the Dairy Free Cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180℃, 360℉
Other great Meat Free dinners are here: