So this is a completely delicious, and frankly unhealthy treat – our Dairy and Egg Free Sausage Rolls. Sausage rolls are a great lunch, and we pack ours with chestnuts and dried apricots. This isn’t my recipe, but rather my husband, Julian’s. It all started with him using up left over sausage meat from Christmas, but now it’s one of his dishes.
For the pastry, we just use Jus-Rol dairy and egg free pastry. Puff if you like, but we prefer shortcrust as it’s a little less fatty. You can find Jus-Rol in most supermarkets but do be sure to get the dairy free one!.
This recipe is pretty simply, just mix all the ingredients together, roll out the pastry, cut and seal into the traditional sausage roll shape. Bake at 180°C 350°F for 25 minutes until done.
If you fancy another pretty easy recipe using Jus Roll Pastry you can try our Vegan Party Tarts!
Dairy and Egg Free Sausage Rolls
- February 7, 2021
- Print this
- 700g Sausage Meat
- 2 pks cooked Chestnuts (360g)
- 1/3 cup chopped Apricots
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 packets Jus Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- Step 1
- Fry the onion in a little oil until soft
- Step 2
- Chop up the Chestnuts and the Apricots into small pieces
- Step 3
- Mix with all the other ingredients until everything is fully combined
- Step 4
- Roll out the pastry and cut into 3 pieces. Fill the centre of each piece of pastry with the sausage meat in a long line of meat, and seal with a little dairy free milk. Brush with a bit of dairy free milk
- Step 5
- Bake at 180°C 350°F for 25 minutes until golden brown and either serve whole, or cut into smaller pieces like the picture.