Vegan Soups are a great lunch or light dinner. Crispy Tofu is a great source of protein and is delicious. We dust our Tofu with cornflour, paprika and salt and pepper.
Crispy Tofu can be added to curries and soups to add protein and taste.
This is a very simple recipe – and uses one of my favourite ‘quick’ ingredients – fine rice noodles. Many supermarkets have these – if you can’t find them then dried noodles work fine but aren’t as quick.
Crispy Tofu Soup
- 75 g Tofu (or as much as you like)
- 3/4 Cup Quick Cook Fine Rice Noodles
- 1/8 Cup Edamame Beans
- 1/4 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Pack of Miso Soup
- Use firm Tofu, anything too soft will just fall apart. Cut the amount you need from the block in slices. Wrap in a paper towel and place a plate on top. Weigh the plate down with a tin and leave for 20 to 30 minutes. That should squeeze the excess liquid out.
- Mix the Paprika with the Corn Flour and add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cut the Tofu into cubes and toss the cubes in the flour mixture.
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil and fry on all sides til golden. Drain on paper towel.
- To make each bowl make the Miso Soup, add in the rice noodles, Edamame beans, and bean sprouts. Top with the crispy Tofu.