Courgette, Lemon and Edamame Pasta is a great, simple, vegan pasta dish. Fast to make, light and refreshing it’s perfect on a summers evening. Sometimes vegan dishes call for a lot of ingredients, this one has just a few so it’s an easy one to make on those evenings when you’re staring in the fridge and wondering what to cook for supper. Edamame Beans go well with this dish, but you could chuck in some peas if you prefer.
I like making this dish with Pappardelle – Sainsburys does an egg free Pappardelle and it’s perfect for this. Sainsburys do the best gluten free pasta as well, IMO, so you can easily make this gluten free too. I like adding quite a bit of lemon to the dish as it’s livens it up, but feel free to leave the lemon zest out if you prefer. While we love our Courgette, Lemon and Edamame Bean Pasta sometimes we’re after something a bit more comforting (especially when it’s bucketing down with rain…again), so if you fancy it here is our Vegan Mac & Cheese recipe.
Courgette, Lemon and Edamame Bean Pasta
- June 28, 2021
- Print this
- Between 100g and 125g Pappardelle per person depending on how hungry you are. This recipe serves 3
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced (I like my garlic sliced rather than crushed as it toasts so nicely in the pan)
- 2 1/2 grated Courgettes
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1/4 cup Edamame Beans
- Fresh Basil to tear and pop on top, although Coriander is nice too.
- Step 1
- Grate your courgettes – this is a bit messy and it looks like a lot of veg but you do need this amount or it gets lost in the pasta
- Step 2
- Pop the pasta on to boil – it takes about 10 minutes
- Step 3
- Grab a big frying pan and with a bit of olive oil fry the onion and sliced garlic
- Step 4
- Add the Pine Nuts so they get a bit of colour, and then add in the Courgette and fry for a few minutes
- Step 5
- Add the Edamame beans or peas, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the courgettes mixture and heat through for a moment or two
- Step 6
- Your pasta should be done by now, so drain, drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over the pasta so it doesn’t go sticky
- Step 7
- Then combine the Courgette mixture with the Pappardelle and serve with torn basil on top if you like.