I have to admit that Courgettes are one of our favourite vegetables. Fried with garlic or roasted they are lovely. Our love of Courgettes extends to making cakes with them, so if you fancy a Vegan Courgette Cake you won’t be disappointed. Courgette Fritters are just another great way to enjoy Courgettes. Quick fried Dairy Free Courgette Fritters are a great addition to a lunch, or Tapas type meal with hummus. Naturally, these are Dairy Free.
Here are a couple more recipes that would be great as part of the tapas style lunch.
- June 26, 2020
- Print this
- 1/2 a large Courgette grated (about a cup)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Step 1
- Grate the courgettes and squeeze out the water by placing the grated courgette in a colander and pressing down
- Step 2
- Combine the courgette with all the rest of the ingredients – you will have a thick batter
- Step 3
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and when hot drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan
- Step 4
- Flatten slightly with a spatula and cook for about 3 minutes a side. Only turn over to the other side when you see bubbles coming up through the fritter (a bit like pancakes) to ensure they are cooked through.You can also serve with some Dairy Free Creme Fraiche if you like, or add some chilli into the batter if you prefer a bit of spice.