This is a lovely way to serve Chicken, marinated in a nice mix of spices and then quickly cooked in the oven. Serve with rice, home made flat breads, hummus, and grilled vegetables or salad. The longer the marinade the better, so make it the night before for a quick supper when you get home.
- 8 Chicken Thighs Boneless and skinless. You can use chicken breasts if you insist but I think the dark meat is nicer
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Sea Salt if you have it, or normal if you don't
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander Seeds - crushed
- 2 Lemons Use the zest and juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander chopped up
- Chop the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces
- Zest the lemons, then juice them.
- Crush the garlic and mix with the sea salt. Crush the coriander seeds and mix with the garlic, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add in the fresh Coriander
- Mix the marinade with the chicken, cover, and leave in the fridge overnight if you can, or for a good couple of hours.
- When you're ready to cook preheat your oven to 200°C 400°F. Pop a roasting tin in the oven to heat up, and add the chicken (the pan should sizzle). Cook for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Serve with rice, hummus, flat breads and olives.
This goes really nicely with homemade Hummus – a lot cheaper than store bought and dead simple!