Coconut Chicken and Pineapple is a lovely meal on the BBQ or under the grill. Cooking time is pretty short, about 15 minutes but you do need to marinate them for at least 3 hours, or even prepare them the night before. Pineapple is a good fruit for these, as it’s solid enough to take the heat from the BBQ without falling apart.
It’s lovely served with Rice and Salad for a light super.
Coconut Chicken with Pineapple
- 6 Pieces of chicken - boned and skinned We prefer thighs, but use breasts if you prefer
- 1 tin Coconut Milk
- 1 Red Chilli - chopped finely
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger - peeled and grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic - grated
- 2 Limes Zested and Juiced
- 1 Tin Pineapple (or a tube of fresh)
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces
- Combine the coconut milk, chilli, ginger, garlic, lime zest, and lime juice together in a bowl
- Add the chicken and marinate for at least 3 hours, ideally longer
- If using Bamboo skewers soak them in water first, then alternate a piece of chicken with a piece of pineapple until the skewer is full
- Either BBQ, or put under a hot grill for about 15 minutes in total, rotating the skewer a couple of times so it gets brown all over and cooks evenly.
A Dairy Free Mango Panna Cotta would be a lovely dessert.