We just love Dairy Free Shortbread – you can add so many things to make it different and taste wonderful. This time we’ve added in our Christmas Spice Mixture. A wonderful combination of lots of Christmas spices. You can add this to a cake or cookies to make a fabulous Christmas bake.
When baking dairy free shortbread the hard dairy free butters are best – like Flora or Naturli (Naturli has almonds so avoid if you are nut allergic), the soft ones don’t produce the same crumbly texture you’re after with a shortbread.
Our Christmas Spice Dairy Free Shortbread is quick to make, and perfect with a cup of hot tea during the holidays!
Dairy Free Christmas Spice Shortbread
- 3/4 Cup Dairy Free Butter The solid type, like a Flora or Naturli Block
- 1/3 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups Plain Flour - Sifted
- 1/4 Cup Ground Semolina
- 1 Tbsp Christmas Spice Mix (save the rest of the mix for other bakes)
Christmas Spice Mixture
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Ground Allspice
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Powder
- Cream the dairy free butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Sift in the flour, semolina and Christmas Spice mixture and mix to make a stiff dough
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough on a floured board and cut into desired shapes. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 170℃, 350℉ for 10-12 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack, and store for about 2 weeks in an airtight container
Some other amazing Dairy Free shortbread recipes are here: