A quick snack – Chocolate Raspberry Chickpeas! We buy them in the shops but they are expensive so sometimes we do them at home. It’s pretty simple frankly, roast the chickpeas and cover in melted chocolate. Now, if you are the most patient person in the world you can separate out the chick peas one by one so they dry as individual peas (I’m looking at you Molly), or if you’re like me – a bark like finish is just fine!
Keep the chick pea liquid (aquafaba) and use in an egg free recipe-cake, meringues, Yorkshire puddings all work wonderfully with aquafaba.
We love adding dried Raspberry to the melted chocolate, but if you want them plain then just leave it out. Next time I’m adding in some marshmallows to our Chocolate Raspberry Chickpeas.
Chocolate Raspberry Chickpeas
- 1 Tin Chickpeas
- 100 grm Dark Dairy-Free Chocolate
- 3-5 tsp Freeze Dried Raspberries
- 1/2 tsp Dairy-Free Margarine
- Drain and dry the Chickpeas - I empty them on a plate and dry them with paper towel.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and bake at 180°C 350°F for 20 minutes - toss halfway through.
- While the chickpeas are roasting melt the chocolate. Fill a pan 2/3rd of the way up with water and place a bowl on top (don't let the bowl bottom touch the water). Break the chocolate up, add in 1/2 tsp dairy-free butter and melt slowly.
- Once melted add between 3-5 tsp of dried Raspberries and mix.
- Cool the roasted chickpeas and mix them with the chocolate. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Or drop spoonful's to create bundles of chickpeas.
- Allow to cool, and then pop in the fridge to set.