Time to break out some organic Pacari chocolate to create a lovely, crumbly scone packed with berries. Pacari Andean Blueberry Chocolate is the perfect product to marry with fresh blueberries to make these lovely, vegan scones. It’s a rich chocolate so a little goes a long way.
They have a fabulous range – do check out their website:
As always their chocolate is both soya, dairy, palm oil, gluten and nut free. Also it’s produced and packed in a developing country (tree to bar) which means more wealth stays in the country of origin. This is, I feel, a good thing to support. It also great that it’s wonderful, rich, dark chocolate that we can all eat.
Chocolate Blueberry Vegan Scone
- March 26, 2019
- Print this
- 6 oz. self-raising flour and 2 oz. strong bread flour – I used whole wheat for these scones but plain is fine.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 oz. sugar
- 140 ml dairy free milk (I used Koko coconut milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 oz. Trex Vegetable Fat
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 bar Pacari Andean Blueberry Organic Chocolate
- Step 1
- First off add the tsp of apple cider vinegar to the dairy free milk and leave to one side
- Step 2
- Sift the flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together
- Step 3
- Rub in the fat until you have the consistency of breadcrumbs
- Step 4
- Cut the Pacari Chocolate bar into small pieces with a sharp knife and mix into the dry ingredients. I like having differing sizes of chocolate ‘bits’ in the mix.
- Step 5
- Stir in the milk until you have a quite sticky dough
- Step 6
- Lightly flour a board and turn out the dough onto it
- Step 7
- Knead until you have a smooth dough – I sprinkled a bit more flour on top. It will only take a couple of minutes as you’re just reducing the ‘stickiness’ of the dough.
- Step 8
- Then carefully mix in the blueberries. I used my hands to fold the berries into the mix. I thought a spoon would squish them too much. Yes…you get your hands covered in dough but it’s worth it!
- Step 9
- I then just tore a…well scone sized…piece of dough off and shaped it. It worked absolutely fine but don’t leave any blueberries poking out or they will burn.
- Step 10
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes or so. Test with a toothpick – ensuring the toothpick comes out clean rather than sticky.
- Step 11
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with whipped coconut cream for a real treat.