Any Dairy Free Soup is a great meal – especially in winter. I like making soup for lunch – to be honest – this recipe is all about what I had hanging around in the fridge and cupboards. So this Quick Chicken, Bean, and Vegetable Soup is actually all leftovers. Do add in sweet corn, mushrooms, sweet potato, or whatever you happen to have to hand. The Chilli adds a nice hit of heat to this soup and the melted cheese on top is lovely.
Chicken, Bean and Vegetable Soup
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Black eyed beans Cannellini beans work well too!
- 1 medium Carrot - diced Sweet Potato would work
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Chicken If you want vegetable soup, just omit this and use vegetable broth
- 1/2 Cup Thinly sliced Cabbage Or Kale
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Grated Violife Cheddar To sprinkle on top, if you like
- Peel and dice your carrot, slice up your cabbage, chop your parsley
- Pop the chicken broth in a pot on the stove and bring up to a low simmer
- Add your beans, chicken, and vegetables. Simmer for 10 minutes until the carrots are cooked but not mushy. Add in the chopped chilli and parsley and give it a quick stir
- Pour into a bowl and top with grated Violife Vegan Cheese.
We’ve got lots of other Dairy Free Soups to try –