Cannelli Bean, Cheese and Spinach Dip is a great vegan supper dish. A warm mix of Cannelli Beans, Vegan Mozzarella and Spinach. Its pretty quick to make, and then you just pop it under the grill to brown the top. Serve it with some salad and baguettes and you’ve a great supper. We’ve put a cup of Spinach in, but you could double it if you like. We’ve added a bit of Lemon Juice to add a bit of acidity to the mix, I think it might be nice with a bit of Lemon Zest as well!
Cannelli Bean, Cheese and Spinach Dip
- 1 Leek - trimmed
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Spinach (depends on how much you like Spinach!)
- 1 Cup Vegan Mozzarella
- 2 Tins Drained Cannelli Beans
- 100 ml White Wine
- 300 ml Dairy Free Milk
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 5 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Hot Chilli
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Put your oven on low about 140℃, 280℉
- Pop the Leek on a baking tray and put in the oven for 45 minutes, the outside will be crisp, and the inside lovely and soft.
- Put a tablespoon or so, of oil in a oven proof frying pan and heat gently. Add the garlic and fry for a minute or two. Then add the flour and stir. The flour will change colour (you might need to add a bit more oil). Add in the Paprika and Chilli and stir.
- Once the flour has browned a bit, grab a whisk and start adding in the milk slowly. Whisk as you go to make a nice sauce, when you're finished with the milk add in the wine in the same way. You'll have a thick sauce that's bubbling away nicely
- Add the beans, and the cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Allow to bubble away long enough for the cheese to melt. Then take the leek, remove the soft centre, chop it up and add to the pan. Stir gently to combine and let bubble for a few minutes.
- Pop your grill on.
- Gently stir in the Spinach, then pop under the grill to get brown. Serve with banquette.
Other dips here!