The weather is fine, the BBQ is out and it’s time to pop something other than a sausage on the BBQ. Duck Skewers are always popular – I like to cut the meat into strips rather than chunks as it cooks more evenly.
Duck is amazing on a BBQ – full of flavour and quick to cook. You can also do these under the grill if you prefer. The marinade is super simple – the duck is best if you can leave it in there for a good few hours, but you can get away with one hour if you’re rushed.
Rice is nice with these, and a few summer salads.
These are, of course, dairy and egg free but do contain Sesame.
BBQ Duck Skewers
- 2 Duck Breasts, with the skin removed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tsps Mirin Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Soak your Bamboo Skewers in water for at least an hour, if you are using metal skewers just be sure to wear an oven glove when turning them over
- Pull the skin off the duck breasts and slice the meat lengthways into four long strips of meat
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a shallow bowl and give a good whisk
- Marinade the duck for at least an hour, ideally 3, but you can get away with an hour
- Thread the duck onto the skewers and pop them on a hot BBQ for 8 minutes in total, 4 per ‘side’
- You can do these under a hot grill as well, they take about 6 minutes with a hot grill (assuming you want them pink).
Brownies are a simple dessert to have ready for a BBQ – these vegan brownies are gooey in the middle and are fab with a bit of vanilla ice cream.