We love Vegan Banana Walnut Flapjacks in our house. Simple to make, and oats make them much more filling than Vegan Cookies. Can’t say they’re healthy – there is a lot of sugar and Vegan Margarine in them, but they are delicious.
These ones have added Banana and Walnuts. Its a great mix, the Banana makes them moist and the Walnuts add some crunch.
If you use Gluten Free Oats, then that makes them Gluten Free and Vegan which is a great combo.
If you’re in the mood for a cookie – check out our Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookie:
Vegan Banana Walnut Flapjack
- 12 oz Fine Oats Use Gluten Free to make this safe for those with gluten issues. If you only have Jumbo Oats then whizz them in a food processor to make them fine.
- 8 oz Vegan Margarine
- 8 oz Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chai Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 Mashed up Banana
- 1/3 cup Walnuts Broken up into small pieces, I just do it by hand as it's quick.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C 350°F. Grease and line the bottom of your tin with parchment paper
- Melt the margarine, sugar and golden syrup in a large pot on a low heat. When it's all melted give it a good stir and add in the Vanilla and Chai Seeds.
- Pop your oats into a large bowl, add in the Walnuts and the mashed Banana and stir.
- Pour in the sugar mixture and mix until incorporated. Pour into your tin, and bake for 20 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven use a wooden spoon to flatten the flapjacks a bit - basically push down just to make them a bit more solid. Let them cool in the tin for a good 15 minutes and then cut them while they are warm.