Baked Figs with Vegan Ricotta and Yuzu is a great part of a Tapas dinner, or a lovely starter with a green leaf salad. The Yuzu is a great tart addition to this dish, but if you don’t have any (or don’t want to buy any) then a tart orange marmalade is a good substitute. We like Kelly Loves Yuzu Jelly but there are others out there that are good. The Kelly Loves is a jelly that you turn into a hot drink so you can use it in all sorts of ways.
One of those occasions when simple is absolutely best – just fresh Figs, a bit of lemon plus a teaspoon of Vegan Ricotta (or Vegan Feta) topped with 1/2 Tsp of Yuzu or marmalade. Baked for a short time they hold their shape but ooze wonderful Fig juice making Baked Figs with Vegan Ricotta and Yuzu as a great starter (and super fast).
Baked Figs with Vegan Ricotta and Yuzu
- 4 Fresh Figs
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 4 Tsp Vegan Ricotta or Vegan Feta
- 2 Tsp Yuzu Jelly or Orange Marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ 360℉
- Cut the Figs into quarters but don't cut all the way to the bottom - you want them attached at the base.
- Zest the Lemon and sprinkle across the figs, and then squeeze over the juice.
- Add a Tsp of cheese to each Fig
- Add 1/2 Tsp of Yuzu jelly to each Fig
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
Some other great starters: